Friday, January 26, 2007

Traveling....


Hit Taipei this week.....was massively busy. Had dinner with Prince Roy and finally met the amazing Poagao, whose blog and photo talents I've envied for quite some time. Despite both of us being here for years, we've never actually met. Stayed with a friend in Keelung and "partied" there in a music bar on Wednesday night in what must surely be the deadest large city on the whole island: on Wednesday night the bars were mostly closed. Very enjoyable time.

I need suggestions...after a string of lost file attachments and much wasted time, I've decided Yahoo.com is no longer reliable and I need to switch. What web-based free email should I switch to?

I'm doing a spot of traveling, so expect light blogging the next four days. Hope you all have a good weekend.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

gmail.com? You can also combine that with your blogger account.

Anonymous said...

Use Gmail. But also use their free POP3 service, meaning that you have a backup of everything.

The only problem I have heard about with the Gmail service is that the spam filter is a little overeager. I haven't had that problem so maybe for the first month you're going to have to scan your spam folder.

Anonymous said...

Gmail, of course.

Anonymous said...

gmail is a good one. You need an invite though. I'll send you one and you can try it out.

Cheers,

John

Anonymous said...

Of course gmail, not just for the e-mail account but for all the other fantastic apps, like their docs and spreadsheets, google videos, etc.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I am quite amused by the Taiwanese government's efforts in removing Chinese trace off so many aspects of Taiwanese society: Change the national title on the passport, rename many enterprises with Chinese sounding names, encourage Taiwan dialect, etc. etc...

Now I would make a suggestion to all the Taiwanese who don't consider themselves Chinese: From today on, don't use Mandarin, don't use the Chinese characters in their written communication.

Only after you are successful as a society in refraining from using those two things (Mandarin and Chinese characters) will I consider you anything but Chinese.

Michael Turton said...

Great! I am sure the Taiwanese live or die by your opinion.

Michael

Anonymous said...

Those photos you took remind me so much of Taiwan. I used to think that Taiwan's streets, buildings,shops are not as clean,nice and elegant as the ones in North America. But they look so nice under your camera.Thank you for bringing my good memory back ^_^