Sunday, August 05, 2012

Yeah, some bugs

Actually had some free time today, so I went out to try my hand at some bug pics. Enjoy. Click on read more to see more....




Taiwan has a tremendous variety of butterflies in leaf camo. Striking, beautiful, and a tribute to the creative power of evolution.

This guy has antennae on his rear that also move, probably to confuse predators.

I'm still working at understand how depth of field looks at various distances, but this one came out interesting when I blew him up.....

...some nice detail in there with the Tamron 18-200 aspherical zoom/macro that I use as a walkaround lens, shot in RAW on the Canon EOS 550D. Can't wait til I get my hands on a genuine 1:1 macro.

Something is always working over the pretty flowers....

...like one of these gigantic black bees.

Another leaf camo butterfly.

Got lucky....

A water flower hosted a couple of bugs.

Leaf camo, crisp and lovely.
_______________________
Don't miss the comments below! And check out my blog and its sidebars for events, links to previous posts and picture posts, and scores of links to other Taiwan blogs and forums! Delenda est, baby.

No comments: