Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Bible Literacy Project -- is it a religious right project?

I didn't post here today because I blogged over at my New Testament studies blog, the Sword, on the Bible Literacy Project, a new project that has been making quite a splash lately. That link went dead almost immediately, so I set up a permanent web page on it. It appears that the Bible Literacy Project is yet another Religious Right project:

Recently the Society of Biblical Literature (SBL) forum published a review of "The Bible and Its Influence," the new textbook which the Biblical Literacy Project is promoting for use in secondary schools across the United States. A paragraph in the review caught my attention, for it repeated criticisms of the project that I had made several months ago on this blog.....

No comments: