Sunday, June 19, 2005

a better tomorrow

From time to time I plan to blog on some of the other blogs around the neighborhood. Tonight I had a chance to look over a better tomorrow, a fantastic blog with a wide mix of great stuff. First there are some kickass pics... (click for original)
:




...and some absolutely great stuff on everything from the elections to the rampant inflation on the Beauiful Island:

There's a serious inflation problem in Taiwan. Not an inflation of the money supply/price level, but a serious inflation of bra cup sizes.

No, the women of Taiwan aren't suddenly sporting pairs of basketballs or anything. But rather, they're moving their goal posts. What would at most be a generous B cup in the West, they're calling a G cup out here.

I first saw it out here when I was flipping through the tabloid news channels out here and noticed that would describe models as having 38G cup sizes. I sorta laughed it off, until I dropped by the local Family Mart last night with Wen and she pointed to the Next Magazine on the counter, which had 蔡依林 on the cover. She pointed to her and said 蔡依林 had such a large rack, that surely it must be a G cup. Of course, it was at most a padded B cup.

Now despite my propensity to do a bit of cross-dressing during college (of which the ample photographic evidence that exists will preclude me from ever running for even the most minor public office), I only have a vague idea of which cup sizes correspond to what sizes. Nonetheless, I'm positive that the very existence of a G cup, let alone its prevelance in an Asian country, is as my good friend Vizzini would say, "Inconceivable!"

"She pointed to her and said 蔡依林 had such a large rack, that surely it must be a G cup." *falls off chair laughing*. 蔡依林 (Jolin Tsai) is so thin that she publicly confessed last year that she hadn't had a period since the Ching Dynasty fell.

Anyway, if you get a chance, visit the archives and check out the pictures. Some great stuff in there.

No comments: