In August Hau was up 45-42 over Su.
Note that in the current poll Su wins 47-24 among independents. Hau is slightly more popular with women (say what?). TVBS even breaks it out ethnically -- among Hoklos, Su is up 53-35, among Hakkas, Hau leads 48-41, and among mainlanders, Hau leads 69-21.
Another key stat: among voters in the 2006 mayor election, Su wins 96% of the DPP votes AND 26% of the KMT vote. Recall that Hau's vote total in 2006 was only 4,000 more than the highest DPP vote total, in 1998 for Chen Shui-bian (against Ma). 63% of the KMT voters will vote again for Hau, while 10% of that KMT electorate remains undecided.
Asked who would make the better mayor, voters pick Su 47-30 with 23% undecided.
- DPP candidate Su Chia-chuan meeting in Taichung and other Su videos.
- Time on doing business in China. Did you know the EU exports more to Switzerland than to China? Isn't it great that we have ECFA with a nation that practices state capitalism for the benefit of CCP princelings and their lackeys?
- Couples marry in mass wedding at 9:09 on 9/9/99.
- It's a good thing the US has decided to let China bankrupt itself with wasted spending on useless renewable energy technology, instead of smartly investing in a short, victorious war in Afghanistan like our wise American leaders.
- Not Taiwan: Pakistan: perhaps the worst floods in recorded history ignored by the media and by America, says Juan Cole. At DKOS an excellent post on the Pakistan floods with extensive satellite imagery of the now-massive Indus, which has cut a new course and created a gigantic lake.
[Taiwan] Don't miss the comments below! And check out my blog and its sidebars for events, links to previous posts and picture posts, and scores of links to other Taiwan blogs and forums!