- Frog in a Well on a new translation of Huainanzi.
- Jens Kastner argues that students from China will be really good for Taiwan.
- RTI with A Close Race in Taipei and The City Formerly Named Taipei County?
- Drew does 220 km, with pics. And here I sit with tendonitis unable to do a damn thing.
- Todd on Formosan Macques. Do you think in Ma's second term we'll have to change all the names to Chinese Taipei Macques, Chinese Taipei Pangolin....
- Thomas Crampton wants to know how foreign correspondents use social media.
- Larry Fields in USTDC on being posted here in the 1970s.
- Wetlands trust being put together by Taiwanese NGOs.
- Sponge Bear on Japanese signs in Taichu.
- Laowiseass muses on modernity. Really, LWA, you're in the wrong job. You'd have made an awesome anthropologist.
- Danshui history blog with the terms of the Dutch surrender in 1662.
- Fili has foodporn, with some from Taiwan.
- The Dignfied Rant rants on ECFA.
- New camphor industry museum to open in Taipei
- China sentences US geologist to eight years for sale of database classified only after it was sold. "But China is changing!"
- KMT Mayor Hau of Taipei says Su of the DPP is the strongest candidate ever.
- Asia Times on ECFA: unification by integration.
- How will ECFA be leveraged? China is going to use it pry away our financial protections.
- Commonwealth deals with organic/green farming this month. Here's a piece on how farmers in Taiwan deal with global warming and the threat of ECFA.
- With consumer confidence and the economy picking up, retail sales should grow here. But inflation is growing marginally faster than expected.
- Taiwan's A Whale now being tested. I confess, I am absolutely thrilled by this story. I hope it actually works.
- Taiwan News looks at the impact of ECFA on Taiwan-US relations.
- Somali Pirates want $8 million from Taiwan fishing boat skipper's family.
SPECIAL: Michelle Phillips in the Washington Times conducts a clinic on how to report on Taiwan with a piece on ECFA that blows away all other reporting to date: quotes from many knowledgeable players, identifies their connections, puts the political issue front and center. Excellent work!
[Taiwan] Don't miss the comments below! And check out my blog and its sidebars for events, links to previous posts and picture posts, and scores of links to other Taiwan blogs and forums!