Thursday, December 07, 2006

Drive By Shooting


A whip scorpion, perfectly common, sometimes seen around house and home.


The Iron Law of Taiwan Driving: there is no crowd so dense I can't shove a car through it.






Parked and waiting whilst the wife ran errands, I wondered: what is this fellow up to?


Carefully he arranged each can...


...and when at last, when he had them all in the right place...


...he crushed them. Never say there is nothing to do in Taiwan.


Cars running the red light. Cars making illegal right turns. Night.


Here's some more pics from the geocaching day in Hsinchu. We spent the day driving all over Hsinchu peeking into the many small towns along the way.














What's the chief skill needed to photograph in Taiwan? Handling shutter speed? Controlling the depth of field? Weather-proofing the camera? Nope. It's keeping the wires out of the picture.
















Police station.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I find this statement sarcastic :) ->What's the chief skill needed to photograph in Taiwan? Handling shutter speed? Controlling the depth of field? Weather-proofing the camera? Nope. It's keeping the wires out of the picture.

Michael Turton said...

LOL. Just expressing my frustration at taking a nice pic only to find later that it was full of wires I hadn't seen. I often have to do quite a bit of moving around to find a wire-free angle!

Michael

Anonymous said...

Ya, You don't see the eletric wire too much in the USA. Well at least not in the city I currently live in, it's all underground. Just finished my final today :) 3 weeks vacation for me

-CSU Student