Monday, December 18, 2006


Been so busy recently, I haven't had time to go hiking in the hills near my house for quite some time. But yesterday I found myself with a clear day and a couple of hours.........


















The wife of the guy who had picked all the oranges in the previous photo was selling them by the side of the trail.


There's always someone selling sausages...








Cars parked along the road, waiting for their owners to come back from the innumerable country KTVs that have sprouted at the foot of the mountains.




I arrived home to find the firecracker flowers we had planted last year were already in bloom. Nice day, if you ignore having to suffer in the concrete refrigerators that pass for housing in Taiwan.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your beautiful pics of Taiwan , you do catch a special something....it makes me fall in love with Taiwan time and again. Have you seen the local busdrivers sporting Santa hats? I think it will be realy cool if you can capture one of them on camera. One driver even decorated his bus with a huge Merry Christmas sign on the front...very sweet and endearing...very Taiwan!

Michael Turton said...

Thanks, I really appreciate it. But I haven't seen any bus drivers like you describe....probably a Taipei thing.

Michael

Anonymous said...

I envy you having those trails behind where you live. All those KTV's are really annoying, however. A few years ago you could walk the hills there in relative peace and quiet, but now there's no escape from the horror that is karaoke, Taiwanese-style.

Andre said...

here's a pic of a bus driver with his santa costume: http://www.flickr.com/photos/gchuang/318604722