Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Ta-ken Trail No. 7


Ta-ken Trail No. 7

Yesterday I had the great pleasure of taking a walk up Trail No. 7 in Taken Scenic Area. Since the trailhead is only a 10 minute walk from my house, naturally in three years of living here I have never been up it. But the glorious weather, apt to become more precious as the cold of February arrives, compelled me to arise from my lethargy and attempt the summit.



The route to the trail took me through pleasant groves of betel nut trees and KTVs.



I was thinking as I mounted the first part of the ascent, which is quite steep, that I had forgotten to bring water. I stopped to admire the brilliant color of the oranges this kind lady was harvesting from her trees along the mountainside. Delighted with my compliments, she offered me an orange. Delighted with this timely offer, I immediately accepted. Carefully she rummaged through a pile on the truck until she found the one she wanted: one-third of an orange she had already opened, which she handed to me with a smile.



The trail was a developed walk through pleasant verdant slopes, quite flat and much easier to walk than Trail. No. 8.




Good views lined the route.



You know me: what is a collection of photos without a critter?

3 comments:

T. Destiny in Taiwan said...

How wonderful, that you finally took the road less travelled. Your "famous" commentary has inspired me to update my photoblog daily instead of weekly. Thanks ;)

Michael Turton said...

Daily! Nooooooooo! Don't let it take over your life!

Michael

T. Destiny in Taiwan said...

*laughs* I can't help that I'm already a slave to blogging. (Much like yourself?!) I've even blogged about my blog addiction. :)