Longtime activist and veteran of the democracy movement Lin I-hsiung ended his hunger strike today, his statement is two posts below this post.....
- J Michael in Diplomat on five executions and the political crisis in Taiwan
- Taiwan Thinktank (pro-pan-Green) says most want nuke plant halted before referendum on plant
- Jack Healy in Huffington Post on the Sunflower Movement. Bonus: rips TECO employee for commenting without identifying herself as government official.
- Socialist Review: Taiwan, a people reborn. Good stuff.
- Move to Taiwan, improve your lifestyle.
- China is on attack on Hong Kong democracy movement.
- Government talks about preventive detention of really "radical" protesters.
- War is boring: China military is paper dragon
- Ben, rocking the Taiwan blogging universe, looks at language stereotypes in Taiwan; Laowiseass on same issue.
- Taipower raises money in bond sale. Odd, if everyone thinks it is going to go bankrupt.
- WAY COOL: It happened in the Taiwan Strait: US sinks Japanese ship near end of WWII. Gold bullion! Technicians! Secret Agreement between China and US to salvage it! Declassified NSA docs tell the thrilling tale of the Awa Maru.
- NOT TAIWAN: You can't hide from Big Data
[Taiwan] Don't miss the comments below! And check out my blog and its sidebars for events, links to previous posts and picture posts, and scores of links to other Taiwan blogs and forums!