No time to blog today. Enjoy a few links...
- Pai ping-ping, the entertainer, claims electing a female would cause a calamity, just as in Thailand.
- DPP steps up attack on Fubon merger.
- DPP lays out strategy -- says 5% is the biggest win they can expect. That's about what I think is possible if they win.
- Ding, Ding Kim Jong-il is dead. In case you can't remember, the same histrionics took place when The Peanut finally died. People cried in the streets, and the government made everyone spend a month in mourning.
- Giant bikes promotes bike touring even though it has no touring bike in its line of bikes, says Drew.
- Krugman worried China might break.
- US to station naval ships in Singapore to face Chinese aggression in the South China Sea
- Save the Alangyi Trail, says world environmental group
- People, you can't do things like this. Your butt will be kicked, as actually happened. As you would if some arrogant foreigner did that to you!
- US chamber of commerce sends job after job to China, is repaid by....hacker attack.
You'd think at the National Immigration Office (website) they'd have somebody who could handle the English, or perhaps they'd know a foreigner or three....
- Steve Crook's new app: Taiwan for Culture Vultures
- Fill out the Taiwan gov't survey on the Taiwan government entry point
- Kim Jong-il Looking at Things
[Taiwan] Don't miss the comments below! And check out my blog and its sidebars for events, links to previous posts and picture posts, and scores of links to other Taiwan blogs and forums! Delenda est, baby.