How many times since the summer began have I put up rainy day links? I can't remember a year wetter than this one. On to the links before they get soaked....
- President Obama cancels Asia tour due to government shutdown insanity.
- Manufacturing hits 18 month high
- Chinese tourist reputations so awful the government issues new regs to put a stop to their (in)famous behavior
- Overseas Chinese group in US to cease celebration of ROC national day.
- Taiwan number 4 nanotech patent holder
- The Economist on Ma and international profile of Taiwan. It's almost 2014, Ma has been in office five years, and writers can still write as if Ma is actually trying to improve Taiwan's status. *sigh*
- Third annual cycling festival announced.
- Brookings on Taiwan and the hideous Trans-Pacific Partnership, a vast corporate giveaway at the expense of Pacific Rim populations.
- Legislators oppose HSR fare hike.
- 2.3% growth forecast for this year
- J Michael on the propaganda value of Taiwan's retired generals for the PRC.
[Taiwan] Don't miss the comments below! And check out my blog and its sidebars for events, links to previous posts and picture posts, and scores of links to other Taiwan blogs and forums!