- The ROC embassies and representative offices are sending around this massively silly item. When you look at how stupid and bellicose their handling is, it is hard to avoid the conclusion that the Ma Administration really wants to permanently harm its relations with Manila.
- The mainstream media has been pretty good on this, but that had to end. The Guardian left a small turd on its readers' doorsteps, praising the Ma Administration for expanding Taiwan's influence, getting everything upside down and backwards.
- There's a summary from the Phils side here.
- Michal Thim on One International Law, Two Perspectives
- Oz: Is the P/T shitstorm deadlocked?
- Ben with Further Comment
- Far Eastern Sweet Potato with his editorial in the Taipei Times
- The Foreigner, whose posts are always good (post more, dammit!) makes a couple of interesting observations: (1) the use of force against unarmed vessels does not appear to be explicitly forbidden by UNCLOS and (2) Chinese fish poachers were shot by Palau Coast Guard last year and guess who had to pay?
- Justice Ministry negotiating with Phils over joint probe
- Philippines waiting for tempers to cool
- Phils resorts hit by tourist cancellations.
- MECO confirms two attacks on Pinoy workers here.
- Aviation talks with Manila suspended
- Southern Hakka Bastions from Steve C.
- Some great pics from Craig Ferguson from a Taipei Rooftop
- Ben's pics of his trip out to Green Island
- Tie Non hits Sitou in the mountains.
- Taipei Times on the troubled insurance sector here.
- Meanwhile, the anti-nuke movement goes on. Thousands rally.
- Second Taiwan fighter crashes in a week; Mirages grounded.
- Taiwan Tower to be powered by wind.
- Gov't mulling depreciation of Taiwan dollar. Seems inevitable given what is happening with the yen.
- Taiwan-Singapore agreement finished.
[Taiwan] Don't miss the comments below! And check out my blog and its sidebars for events, links to previous posts and picture posts, and scores of links to other Taiwan blogs and forums!