- The Monga Train Station Hotel from the Japanese period
- Letters from Taiwan finds an unanswerable argument on the Senkakus from China
- Organized religion is about control. Thanks, J Michael.
- Jenna's mountain rescue in Yilan. Harrowing tale.
- Explore love hotels in the place where romance blossoms.... you know, Yunlin.
- Not many people get what's going on in Asia. But Philip Bowring does.
- Coast Guard holds drill next to Senkakus
- Paul Lin, always a good read, with discussion of politics behind the islands dispute.
- Industrial output rises in August. Yes, that's right, RISES.
- The government continues to flog Sun Moon Lake as if there were no other tourist destinations in Taiwan. Times of India this time.
- Speaking of India, former DPP pres candidate Tsai Ing-wen is there. w00t! I've been hoping Taiwan and India could get together since the 1990s when I was writing letters to the editor about it. Good to see this kind of thing happening.
- Weird right-wingers march in Taipei over Senkakus mess.
- Taiwan and Japan increasing intelligence exchanges, media reports, defense folks deny.
[Taiwan] Don't miss the comments below! And check out my blog and its sidebars for events, links to previous posts and picture posts, and scores of links to other Taiwan blogs and forums! Delenda est, baby.