First, my apologies for not doing the Monday weekly links the last couple of weeks. Been on the road all over central Taiwan, too busy with all kinds of stuff. Meanwhile, let's take a look at the blogs, where there's no such gibberish as above....
- Ben has great photo blog on WantWant protest. J Michael with excellent commentary on it.
- ChartPorn, always fun, has a chart of Chinese investment in Africa
- Another entry under Nazi Kitsch: Nazi Gold caps
- Guide to Taipei Hikes for Late Risers
- Lin Tai An House Museum in Taipei City
- J Michael: the great deportation scare, one year later
- How to govern Taiwan Part 2: the Japanese era begins
- AsiaEye Under the Radar news
- ETRC: Taiwan steps up efforts to join ICAO
- Making the rounds: girl fakes accident in attempt to extort money, but car has recorder.
- Hsichih Trio finally freed, IPS piece by the awesome Dennis Engbarth on what the Hsichih Trio's experiences with the death penalty can teach us about Taiwan's legal system. His piece on a similar case involving the extortion of a false confession under torture and subsequent execution of an innocent man.
- China manufacturing contracts; Ghostly aura surrounds Taiwan's economy
- 3 Plane crash victims found
- Ex-National Fire Chief arrested for corruption
- Minxin Pei follows Arthur Waldron and Gordon Chang in arguing that the US should really have a plan in place for China's collapse.
- Fears of Over-education in Taiwan
- Housing transactions rise 10% in July
- China Times on Honhai-Sharp deal
- Former Japan Def Minister calls for military force to defend Senkakus.
- Vietnam, China lurch toward war.
- Asia Sentinel: Who owns the Senkakus?
- CSIS: Decoding China's Hard Line on the South China Sea.
- Taiwan blasts Senkaku survey: it should be obvious now that the purpose of this policy is to irritate Japan.
- Vietnam considering move against Taiping? Huh?
- James Holmes: Island Mania in the Asia-Pacific
[Taiwan] Don't miss the comments below! And check out my blog and its sidebars for events, links to previous posts and picture posts, and scores of links to other Taiwan blogs and forums! Delenda est, baby.