ADDED: Juan Cole's post toting up China's booming relations with Pakistan -- with Islamabad offering Beijing a naval base right on the Persian Gulf. Hey, how's that $1.2 trillion blown on Afghanistan working out for ya there, Washington?
- Save the Dolphins on the ongoing pollution crisis in the Dadu estuary
- Mad Minerva locates a recent interview with that national disaster Henry Kissinger and his remarks on Taiwan. Although it looks like the throwing of Taiwan under the bus is bipartisan. The existence of Ma in the presidency gives Washington an excuse to say "well, they voted for it!"
- Michael Cannon shows off his new Speedone Steel bike with the SRAM Force build. Drew describes his odyssey as Michael searched for the perfect bike. Actually, I'm deeply jealous, the bike looks awesome.
- Taiwan Round the Island Tour. Apply for your individual version today!
- Oz rips the President for letting the world downgrade Taiwan's status.
- Yellow Fever, Foreign Moons on Miscegenation and other fun stuff
- AsiaEye with the under the radar news.
- ETRC Group on the election and Taiwan's international space
- Defend Our Taipei Homes -- a rousing military moment in Taipei
- The Writing Baron with a hard hitting post on the racist remarks by KMT's Liao about aborigines, latest in a long line of bipartisan disparagement of the island's original people.
- Taiwan stuck in Red Queen race. Actually it looks like with each iteration of this contest over sovereignty, the island retreats a little more.
- After media reports that Taiwan was only going to buy four of the eight subs it originally asked for, the gov't says it wants 8 subs and 66 fighters from the US.
- Everyone is raising their growth forecast for Taiwan. Barclays says 6% this year.
- Taiwan's export dependence on China is stagnant, thankfully.
- Taiwan and Singapore in Free Trade talks. Singapore will be symbolically important if Taiwan gets an FTA. Remember when Ma assured us ECFA was necessary for FTAs? Nobody has offered one, except Singapore.
- Grouper and Tilapia prices both up.
- Dan Blumenthal asks: Can the US advance its goals in the Asia Pacific without resources? As we burn our treasury and military in our endless war on Islam, the policy drift out here continues.
- Dr. Doom and the Chinese economy: will it crash and burn?
Taiwan Association of University Professors is having a seminar on the White Terror. Presentations are in Chinese.
[Taiwan] Don't miss the comments below! And check out my blog and its sidebars for events, links to previous posts and picture posts, and scores of links to other Taiwan blogs and forums! Delenda est, baby.