- Drew with more pics from our Nantou ride.
- The Bird's Eye with some lovely pictures of places around Taiwan.
- Hear in Taiwan on the new Luzhou metrol line.
- Ian Johnson reviews five good books on Daoism.
- The Righteous Temple in Monga.
- In addition to the Flora exhibition, Taipei is also hosting a tea festival
- Ozsoapbox rants about mozzies in Taiwan. We've noticed they are bad this year.
- The Foreigner notes blustering brainwashed buffoons from Beijing are now stealing Japanese flags as well.
- American Footsteps in Taiwan and slides of Taiwan 1968-9
- Nanyang international folklore festival in Tainan.
- Icons of Che in the Taiwan election.
- Youth can change Taiwan! from David
- Frozen Garlic on campaign rallies in Taipei DPP and KMT.
- Global voices on government software failures.
- A Mormon missionary in Taichung looks for love.
- UDN says Chen verdict is result of moron judges. More likely moron laws.
- Taipei Times on Ma and KMT reacting to not guilty verdict in Chen case as KMT attempts to make Chen an issue in the Nov elections.
- Taiwan's visa refusal rate rises, meaning it is closer to getting a US visa waiver.
- Taiwan honey adulterated with Chinese honey, is global smuggling issue.
- China's intelligence war against Taiwan. Good thing relations are great, eh?
- China navy focused on Taiwan. Good thing relations are great, eh?
- York Chen, an expert on civ-mil relations in Taiwan, writes on the national security council
- High Court judges indicted for taking bribes.
- China's online map service gets pushback from Vietnam on islands.
- Taiwan's fishing fleet pirates
- Exports and imports rise again. Yay!
- Counterpunch still looking at East Asia through outdated Cold War lenses.
- Taiwan must be stern with Japan in sovereignty dispute, says top envoy to Japan. I guess it is ok to make trouble with Japan, but if you defend Taiwan from China, you're provocative and a troublemaker.
- Taiwan's abalone industry destroyed by a virus.
- Another set of Lafayette defendents freed. Note the enormous sums involved -- there's over US$500 million in accounts in Switzerland.
- One area where Taiwan's educational system beats the US: 85% of schools in Taiwan offer vegetarian meals.
- Climate: Climate progress with a discussion of Plass' seminal 1956 paper predicting warming in the 20th century, as well as the Denialist lie that the 1970s were a time everyone thought there would be an ice age.
[Taiwan] Don't miss the comments below! And check out my blog and its sidebars for events, links to previous posts and picture posts, and scores of links to other Taiwan blogs and forums! Delenda est, baby.