- Sincocentric asks: Can China rise peacefully? My answer: nope. But way too many commentators assign all the agency to the United States. You know, China's rise is like gravity, China doesn't make choices. Sigh. Isn't it time for commentators to start trying to change China's behavior?
- Drew off-roads through the Taichung mountain jungles and cops buy bike for thief.
- Rethinking the US commitment to Taiwan from Atlantic Sentinel
- Why Taiwanese don't like China (audio). Survey also discussed here.
- Long overview of Taiwan's dollar diplomacy in the Carribean.
- Cycling Balaka Road, a great favorite of Taipei cyclists.
- The Foreigner on the Senkakus.
- Laowiseass muses on how close culturally Taiwan is to China. Lots of people focus on the surface level of behavior that Laowiseass identifies.
- India's Taiwan Card -- man I've been saying this for years.
- China and the challenge to American power: the end of US supremacy.
- Chinese media expands globally
- Minimum wage to rise 3.47%. Labor groups wanted 30%.
- Right-wing loons from Hong Kong and Macau abandon Diaoyutai trip
- First Taiwan Cycling festival set for October. W00t!
- ECFA takes effect!
- China, Taiwan Coast Guard stage joint drills.
- DPP asks MAC head Lai why she apologized for complaining about Chinese missiles pointed at Taiwan during US trip. Disgusting.
- KMT denies rift between Chu in New Taipei City and Hau in Taipei
- Volkswagon said to still be thinking about buildinig factory here.
- What Asian debates about US hegemony mean.
[Taiwan] Don't miss the comments below! And check out my blog and its sidebars for events, links to previous posts and picture posts, and scores of links to other Taiwan blogs and forums!