Congratulations to President Ma for winning the party chairmanship against all opposition. Now we can look forward to a summit between Hu and Ma where Ma sells Taiwan to China with a bogus peace agreement in exchange for a Nobel Peace prize and trinkets worth $24. Talk of a summit with a Nobel as the prize has been rife for at least a year.....
Meanwhile, in Blogistan all sorts of meetings are being documented....
- EastWindUp on the strange Chinese names of local foreign baseball players
- Craig on the National Museum of Taiwanese Literature
- Far Eastern Sweet Potato observes that the big boys want the financial agreements and probably, eventual annexation of Taiwan to China, while taking the media to task.
- Taoyuan's unique Shinto relic.
- ECFA referendum faces race against the clock.
- Dixteel comments on pan-Blue supporters disappointed in the KMT.
- A-gu observes that support for the DPP, independence, no longer tied.
- TaiwanAir with the third in his series on the 35th squadron in the good old days.
- Neil Wade with some lovely random photos.
- Maid cafes in Japan exported to Taiwan.
- Stephane enjoys Chinese tea in Alsace.
RESOURCE: Great collection of China-Taiwan links to papers and articles
[Taiwan] Don't miss the comments below! And check out my blog and its sidebars for events, links to previous posts and picture posts, and scores of links to other Taiwan blogs and forums!