- Neil Wade on the Taipei Photowalk, Craig Ferguson with more lovely snaps from same.
- Arthur Dent on can the Uighur leader visit Taiwan?
- Way cool: How Asia Communicates from Tom Crampton
- J. Michael on Tokyo's White Paper.
- Biking in Taiwan on his new bike computer.
- Wild East with great piece on human history and Taiwan.
- The Dignified Rant worries about our military cutbacks.
- Taiwan Identity compares the language situation here to elsewhere.
- Kaminoge visits the Shinto shrine in Linnei.
- Danshui History Blog on the tablet awarded to the Goddess Matsu for her support against the French.
EVENTS: Darren Melrose with the photo club revival, this Saturday, the 25th
I have mentioned this to some, and I hope it is ok that I send this message to everyone. Next Saturday, there is a cosplay event at NTU and I was thinking of having the photo club meet there. After shooting some costumed folks, I thought we could head over to the Taiwan Beer gardens for some good food, drinkable beer and great conversation. I am thinking that we could meet at around 2:30 or 3:00 for the photos and go from there.
Cosplay is typically a really fun event and a great opportunity to get some good photos. Here are some examples from the last time I went to a Cosplay event.
I am sorry I haven’t been able to arrange things for the past few months, but family called. I am hoping this will be a chance to regain the momentum of the club, as well as quite a bit of fun.
Let me know who is in, so I can make arrangements to ensure there is space enough at the restaurant/beer gardens. By all means, please feel free to send this to anyone who you might feel is interested.
Hope to see you Saturday
[Taiwan] Don't miss the comments below! And check out my blog and its sidebars for events, links to previous posts and picture posts, and scores of links to other Taiwan blogs and forums!