Went out to Lukang in Changhua on the bike today with my friend Drew, who wrote the excellent analysis of the ECFA comics a couple of posts below this one. Lukang is where my wife's family is from, and I have a deep, longstanding affection for the city.
Lungshan Temple, my favorite in Lukang, a woman practices a traditional instrument.
- Weapons are necessary to maintain stability so Ma can bargain with China.
- Johnny Neihu on the ECFA comics.
- Ma save us! South Korean economy expands 2% QoQ. Wait...they haven't moved closer to China, and their economy is growing faster than Taiwan's. What's wrong with this picture?
- Tourist factories are the latest big attraction in Taiwan.
- ECFA is like an unstoppable train, says J Michael Cole.
- Parris Chang's excellent analysis of why Ma broke his 2007 promise and is taking over the KMT Chairmanship. More tomorrow.
- Expat in Taiwan visits Muslim restaurant, does the Chung.
[Taiwan] Don't miss the comments below! And check out my blog and its sidebars for events, links to previous posts and picture posts, and scores of links to other Taiwan blogs and forums!