If you haven't seen the pics from '57-8 below this post, take a look. Meanwhile some links...
- People talking about....Chinese tourist has her kids take a crap in the airport lounge in Kaohsiung. Have money to travel, can't find the toilet in the airport. Thank you for specially selecting tourists for us, government of China.
- People talking about....Rice vermicelli is a major item many local dishes. The nation was shocked to find that the labeling on almost all rice vermicelli is false and misleading. Apple Daily has a list of firms with their rice content and protein content. Go here, then click on the leftmost thumbnail at the bottom.
- Pro-KMT UDN calls for non-partisan plebiscite on nuclear power. DPP's Su wants it held during 7-in-1 election. UDN probably terrified it will raise turnout and energize voters.
- ROFL. President Ma asks US delegation for submarines. That was after his party blocked that purchase from coming to the floor over 60 times when Chen was President and part of the time, Ma was Chairman of the KMT. I'm sure the submarines will arrive right about the time that our 66 F-16s come.
- Fengshan's divine magistrate, still worshiped two centuries after his death.
- An update on the Mirimar Hotel story in Taitung from Wild At Heart. A related link, on the struggle to preserve biodiversity in Taiwan.
- First offshore wind power slated for Taiwan.
[Taiwan] Don't miss the comments below! And check out my blog and its sidebars for events, links to previous posts and picture posts, and scores of links to other Taiwan blogs and forums! Delenda est, baby.