- Typhoon Fanapi slashed Taiwan's output growth.
- The Formosa Plastics plant in Mailiao is a disaster for central and southern Taiwan.
- Taiwan sees Asia's biggest gay rally.
- Daniel Rosen advises that Taiwan should de-politicize its links with other nations. Next week: Rosen argues that Taiwanese should de-lumify their eyes and learn to see without light. Also, I love the way scholars toss out the term "regional integration" without ever identifying which nation all this regional integration will be centered on. D'oh.
- Another aspect of the Singapore Model for Taiwan that is seldom discussed.
- Wind power installation in US slows. Is there any positive category that the US is not falling behind in?
[Taiwan] Don't miss the comments below! And check out my blog and its sidebars for events, links to previous posts and picture posts, and scores of links to other Taiwan blogs and forums! Delenda est, baby.