Monday, August 28, 2006

Large collection of old Taiwan photos


The new blog Initechnology has a great collection of old Taiwan pics taken from all over the web. He writes:

Welcome to my collection of Taiwan Images. This collection represents several years worth of surfing and digging for anything relating to Taiwan history. There are currently 919 images on my server taking up 76mb of disk space. Many of the photos came from online auctions sites and places like that. I think it is somewhat important to gather and save these images as a collection for historical purposes since there really are no other sites doing so that I know of. (In the English webworld that is, perhaps in the Taiwanese webworld there are many?) I know about [reed.edu], but what they have is mostly earlier 1700-1900 book scans. I am especially interested in the history between the 1940’s and 80’s and comparing what Taipei city use to look like 30 years ago and today. I’m also interested in Taipei city wall info and anything to do with the Dutch era (~since I am 1/2 Dutch). I am not a historian or scholar, I am only doing this as a hobby that interests me.
Reed.edu is a great site as well.

1 comment:

jani said...

Can someone send me the link for this collection of photos? I cannot locate it as descrbed on this site? I am VERY interested in photos of Taiwan from the late 1950's and early 1960's. Has anybody ever heard of the "Prince Hotel" from that era?