Friday, March 06, 2015

Yahui and Nevets' Mum'n Pop's Cafe 大坑美式小吃

Two of my favorite people, Yahui and Nevets, own and operate one of my favorite places in Taichung, Mum'n Pop's Cafe. I always go there for a meal and conversation whenever I am nearby. Their wonderful sandwich shop is located at 53 Chung Hsien Lane, Dongshan Road Section 2 (Streetview)(0928 767 374). That's near the 7-11 by the traffic circle on Dongshan Road. They are usually open from 11:00am - 2:00pm and again from 5:00pm - 9:00 pm, every day. It's a great place to stop after a long bike ride in the hills of Hsinshe. More below!



It's a family place, and friendly people are always around with their kids.

Yahui checks an order. The sandwiches are delicious.

Several kinds of breakfasts too. No toast for me, Mr. Low-carb.

They have specials too, like this amazing creamy mushroom chicken.

Here is Polly, one of their employees. Everyone who works there is really friendly.

It's a good place to meet local expats and enjoy a friendly conversation...

DSC05270
...or a game of Catan. Watch out for Yahui! She's tough!

Hope to see YOU there soon!
_______________________
Don't miss the comments below! And check out my blog and its sidebars for events, links to previous posts and picture posts, and scores of links to other Taiwan blogs and forums!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks lovely. I'll keep it in mind!

fleury sandrine said...

very nice place with lovely people

Bohling said...

By some strange chance, could you post the address of this place in Chinese? The no one in the family I am married to can read transliterations and if I try to pronounce it they will say they do not understand.
The next I am in Taichung I want to check this out. I hope they have foods a vegetarian can eat! Hey, lettuce!

Thanks
James

Michael Turton said...

Dont have the Chinese, you can get it off streetview