Enjoy a few links:
- Lorand Laskai in The Diplomat on Taiwan's love for Japan. Good stuff. The rage of the 50 center brigade in the comments is hilarious.
- Natalie Tso at RTI interviews Mark Kao, President of FAPA, on US and Taiwan
- FocusTaiwan on the KMT's proposal for absentee ballots and lowering the voting age. If the Taiwan businessmen in China can vote absentee. the likely vote for the KMT will more than offset the gains to the DPP from the youth vote, which will likely be split among the non-KMT pro-Taiwan parties. At the local level, many young people will not know the candidates, especially for the local precinct and township positions -- they will take instruction from their parents. And the KMT is still strong at that level. Never mind that the actual mechanics of absentee voting remain to be worked out.
- In ten days KMT automatically loses appeal in Wang Jin-pyng case.
- Ma says Taiwan should take part in AIIB, China's new development bank.
- HSR introduces new financing plan, some tix prices to drop.
- Taiwan Insider out
[Taiwan] Don't miss the comments below! And check out my blog and its sidebars for events, links to previous posts and picture posts, and scores of links to other Taiwan blogs and forums!