- EXCELLENT: Thinking Taiwan with a piece that relates to my post below, on cleavage that divides generations.
- More bad economic news: FEPZ draft bills opens market to over 800 Chinese ag products. Stupid beyond belief.
- SCMP: Taiwan's handling of murder case raises questions of cross-strait cooperation
- For comparison: the poverty of South Korean elderly. They lived and worked in a period when Korea was poorer than Taiwan.
- International boat show scores cash.
- For every Terry Gou blithering about democracy, there's a Jamie Lin who is dead on: He accused the government of lowering corporate income taxes, estate taxes and taxes on overseas income without any good reason, leaving the government starved of funding for key projects needed to develop the economy.
- One beach in Penghu saved. For now.
- Museum in Vancouver with a Spotlight on Taiwan
- J Michael looks at how the CCP is working on subverting Taiwan democracy.
- NOTE: PRC rig was placed in Vietnamese waters during Dienbienphu national celebrations for Vietnam, observes scholar M Taylor Fravel.
[Taiwan] Don't miss the comments below! And check out my blog and its sidebars for events, links to previous posts and picture posts, and scores of links to other Taiwan blogs and forums!