A few links for today.
- Taoyuan Aerotropolis: it's all about the gambling.
- Birding Taiwan on the plants of Dasyueshan
- Traffic behavior a mirror of Taiwan society.
- Taiwan to consider legalizing surrogacy.
- TRI says GDP growth this year to be 1.7% and next year, 2.8%. Isn't the booming growth from ECFA amazing?
- Woman kidnapped in Malaysia still alive.
- Reuters describes in detailed report how China's military is built with European technology.
- I finally got around to reading the November CRS report on the US-Taiwan Relationship's policy issues. Outstanding job by Shirley Kan in presenting US policy on Taiwan's status.
Asia Scholar James Manicom is speaking in Tokyo on Jan 15 (via H-Asia)
*James Manicom: Japan and China - Troubled Waters*
Date: Wednesday, January 15, 2014
Time: Door opens at 7:00pm, Program starts at 7:30pm
Venue: Temple University Japan Campus, Azabu Hall 2F
[Taiwan] Don't miss the comments below! And check out my blog and its sidebars for events, links to previous posts and picture posts, and scores of links to other Taiwan blogs and forums!