Enjoy some links and stuff.
- Lao Ren Cha rants about chocolate
- Taiwan AirPower on US POWs executed in Taiwan, part 3
- River tracing in Taiwan, from Neil Wade
- Are Taiwanese friendly? Some thoughts
- Some Taiwanese reporters won't serve the WantWant media monster
- David Reid on Blundell's new edited volume, Taiwan Since Martial Law
- Traveling Tamsui
- Drew's Tour of Changhua Preview
- Breastfeeding in Taiwan
- Taipei Photographers' website. Great pics.
- DPP says give Chinese students in Taiwan NHI...
- ....even the spies.
- Asia's cities: strained as they grow faster than their planners can handle
- ROC extends runway in the South China Sea
- Merrill Lynch argues that Taiwan should dismantle protections against Chinese investment. Hey Merrill Lynch, do us a favor and argue that China should cease threatening to kill Taiwanese in order to annex their island, thus complicating the trade relationship. We can't have normal trade relations until we have normal relations, period. Meanwhile WSJ correctly notes that you can sign pacts til the cows come home, but until the day China actually has something resembling rule of law, they won't count for much.
- AFP: Taiwan same sex wedding points to shift in Asia on gay rights.
- Canon opens new factory in Taiwan
- Post-PC, the computer industry struggles in Taiwan
- Taiwan receives two coastal minehunters, unglamorous but truly important vessels. You can never have enough ships like these.
- Southern reservoirs filled to overflowing thanks to incessant rain this summer, water shortage risk is low.
- More "activists" off to the Senkakus to cause trouble.
- Don't underestimate Taiwan's talent crisis, says China Times
VIDEO: Bloggingheads on South China Sea, US-China war, etc
TYPHOON: On the way this week.
[Taiwan] Don't miss the comments below! And check out my blog and its sidebars for events, links to previous posts and picture posts, and scores of links to other Taiwan blogs and forums! Delenda est, baby.