Meanwhile, what is being Cheeto-fueled on the blogs this week? Not much out there....
- The Bushman visits the auto show in Taipei.
- Neil Wade teaches how to shoot travel portraits.
- Big in Asia with some lovely B&W pics of the Gaomei wind farm and other places.
- TaiwanAir with the 2010 Aviation Open House schedule.
- Fili looks at the best Taiwan blogs of 2009.
- Craig discusses how to shoot the fireworks for New Year's.
- Wandering Taiwan visits the Confucius Temple in Tainan.
- Similarly, Tainan City guide goes to the Tainan Matsu temple.
- An anthro blog with an interesting review of a book about a Japanese anthropologist here during the colonial era.
- The Taiwan Link with another great piece on PLA over the horizon radars and Taiwan.
TODAY'S OBSERVATION: Several people have remarked to me that the reason so many KMT voters are disappointed with Ma and the current KMT is that when they voted Ma in they thought they were getting the Lee Teng-hui KMT.
FACTOID OF THE DAY: Those Snickers bars omnipresent in the island's convenience stores? Yup, made in Moscow.
SPECIAL: Big things going on in Iran. Andrew Sullivan has been following events. Cool that AP is using some of these photos in the media presentations I've seen. Listen to Lisa Gerrard while you read.
SCIENCE COOLNESS: GPS users beware: human-driven global warming is making the atmosphere shrink, affecting the orbits of satellites.
[Taiwan] Don't miss the comments below! And check out my blog and its sidebars for events, links to previous posts and picture posts, and scores of links to other Taiwan blogs and forums!