- Mark interviews about a new Flickr tool and some excellent Taiwan pics.
- Dan Bloom's interview of the girl who plans to kiss 100 Frenchmen.
- As Ben points out, the constant iteration of "economics before politics" in the China negotiations is mere political theatre.
- Steve on Puli's paper church.
- Insider trading in the Taiwan stock market. Shocked, I tell you.
- IslaFormosa on the discount airline Air Asia.
- David continues his series on great Taiwan blogs.
- Global Voices on Foreigners and banks in Taiwan.
- J Michael on the passing of a friend of Taiwan, James Lilley. And on "Sorry, they're Chinese."
- Taiwan Matters! on another open letter from the scholars to Ma on the erosion of justice in Taiwan.
- Taiwan Baseball on MLB teams in Taiwan.
- Craig with lovely Photowalk photos.
- Horrible hamburgers in Taiwan.
- Save the Taiwan Dolphins on Dolphins in the Taipei Times, with links
- A discussion of China's new missile aimed at US carriers.
- Taiwan, the alternative China.
MEDIA STUPIDITY: ^&#%^&!@#%!!! BBC, Reuters, AFP, and other news organizations breathlessly report the KMT propaganda on "new questions" in the assassination attempt on Chen, without a word of skepticism or any revisiting of things like the CIB's refutation of absurd claims that the shooting was staged. I tried to think of a witty thing to say here, but in the face of the world media exhibiting a collective IQ of 13, snark shrivels. ADDED: BBC images from the shooting.
RECOVERING: Send warm thoughts my friend Dan Bloom's way, he is getting over a recent heart attack.
[Taiwan] Don't miss the comments below! And check out my blog and its sidebars for events, links to previous posts and picture posts, and scores of links to other Taiwan blogs and forums!