I was going to get such a lot of work done today. And then I stupidly started reading The Historian. Meanwhile, you can take the temperature of Taiwan on the blogs today....
- Claudia Jean, who had an awesome post on limestone mining demands in the wake of Morakot, has a followup.
- Taiwan Echo on pan-Green's mentality in the CSB case.
- ESWN offers a link to a tale of what appears to be (Chinese gov't?) malware that cleverly reports back to servers in Taiwan and targets journalists in China.
- Taiwan Photographers with a different one each week.
- Taiwan Tourism Board and Giant are promoting cycling here. The results. On one hand, it is great they are promoting biking. On the other, the appearance of Sun Moon Lake suggests the tourism board still.doesn't.get.it. They could be doing this. Or this.
- A visual history of Taiwan.
- Letters from Taiwan on the Nerd Rebellion and the silencing of Morakot commemoration.
- Is this racist? You decide. I don't think it is at all, BTW.
- Taiwan BOF 2009 blog conference.
- Neil Wade and friends' video for the blogger tourism contest.
- Double Bill: DPP wins in Penghu and Yunlin. From Taiwan Matters.
- Craig with excellent musings on people and their sense of place. With pics.
- J Michael on ROC adopting smear that Kadeer is terrorist linked.
- Taiwanese Identity asks what it means to look Chinese.
- Hear in Taiwan on dumpling shop Din Tai Fung.
SPECIAL: Taiwan is one model for educational reform in US. I think it is time for a post debunking Taiwan's amazing math claims. As many observers have pointed out, the article does not even mention CRAM SCHOOLS. Hello, does anyone actually know anything on the other side of the pond!
SUPER DUPER UBER PROUD DAD SPECIAL: New rock stars blossom in Taiwan.
UNTAIWAN: Awesome collection of recent editorial cartoons at DKOS.
MODELS: This cool paper compares economic forecasting models in predicting the current economic crisis. This model shows that the 1970s Viking lander just missed finding water on Mars. And new climate models show that when it comes to Planet Earth, our elites are following a variant of the Nike strategy: just doom it.
[Taiwan] Don't miss the comments below! And check out my blog and its sidebars for events, links to previous posts and picture posts, and scores of links to other Taiwan blogs and forums!