It's the first couple of weeks of classes and I've been on a whirlwind tour of the island every day. Apologies for the light blogging. Links!
- Barking Deer's After Morakot blog. Devastating pics.
- Taiwan's first trade mission with Trinidad, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines.
- Ben Goren analyzes Taiwan News' excellent piece on the Diane Lee case showing how KMTers get a slap on the wrist for taking more than Chen, and get to keep the dough.
- Like hot Taiwan girls on bikes? This is your blog.
- Know your fruit: the Pitaya.
- J Michael says Beijing corrupts minds. And interviews Joseph Wu, former envoy to the US.
- Lao Ren Cha goes to Xiao Wulai with pics.
- Taiwan Echo says Kaohsiung folds under Chinese pressure. Global Voices with more on the topic.
- A Chinese blogger's ironic view of shabby government buildings in Taiwan.
- Letters from Taiwan on the Economic Stockholm Syndrome of Taiwan
- A hungry girl eats pizza. Yummy foodporn.
- Stocks and Politics describes how China will force Taiwan's hand.
- David with an awesome post on political lessons from the Penghu gambling referendum.
- The injustice of the Chen verdict.
- Stephen Nelson posts his excellent article on Ma and the typhoon fallout.
[Taiwan] Don't miss the comments below! And check out my blog and its sidebars for events, links to previous posts and picture posts, and scores of links to other Taiwan blogs and forums!