Sunday, March 12, 2017

Some sugar for you

Today I rode my familiar route from Taichung down to the Chiayi HSR. It's a flat 120 km ride. I hadn't ridden in a while, and wanted a workout.

It's not a particularly pleasant ride, but I have a sneaking fondness for it, because I have done it so many times. The ride traverses a large swath of central and southern Taiwan, and you can get a good sense of what is going on with new restaurants, signs, politics, and so on.

Occasionally this: in Huwei the old sugar line is still in use, still transporting sugar cane to the sugar refinery...
_______________________
Don't miss the comments below! And check out my blog and its sidebars for events, links to previous posts and picture posts, and scores of links to other Taiwan blogs and forums!

1 comment:

Kaminoge said...

Only one photo from the ride?