- Ralph Jennings' awful piece on 3 reasons China is better than Taiwan caused a storm of indignant laughter across the intertubes on Reddit and Facebook. Dissident, activist, and politician Wuer Kaixi responded at Medium.com. FOARP, very familiar with both China and Taiwan, also has a piece.
- Speaking of silliness, this hilaribad piece on why you shouldn't leave Hong Kong for Taiwan will leave you ROFLMAO. A definite quality drop for EJN insight there....
- News Lens consistently puts out good stuff on Taiwan. Here is one on the new union for media workers. And another on revitalizing Dadaocheng.
- Scholar Gary Rawnsley discusses Taiwan's inability to talk to the outside world.
- Individuals who protested the name "Chinese Taipei" at a recent baseball match and had the banner ripped from their hands in a video that went viral on social media, received an apology from the baseball association.
- KMT hacks on the asset law. The smell of fear is strong....
- Tourism crisis = blessing in disguise
- Semiconductor industry revenues to rise
- Taipei number 2 holiday destination among S Koreans
- Focus has a good three parter on the effects of the Hsuehshan Tunnel, (part2, part3)
[Taiwan] Don't miss the comments below! And check out my blog and its sidebars for events, links to previous posts and picture posts, and scores of links to other Taiwan blogs and forums!