Enjoy some links while you ponder the typhoon's imminent arrival...
- ANNOUNCING: The awesome duo of Russell Hsiao and Chieh-ting Yeh have started an organization in the US. Global Taiwan. Congratulations, guys. Send some work my way!
- Solidarity analyzes the latest TSIR party loyalty polls. "Put another way, the declared pan-green base is now 70% bigger than the declared pan-blue base."
- CNN says supertyphoon Nepartak will hit Taiwan.Latest news says it will cross the center of the island on thurs night....
- K-town introduces new tram service
- Part-time lecturers protest low pay at universities
- The military missile launch was screwed up because the military wanted it to look pretty. This problem of drills is universal and goes back many years. Check this 2003 piece...
- Taiwan to impose greater penalties for illegal fishing. Yeah, that'll work.
- Foxconn IPO shows problems of tech industry
- Ruling on fraud suspects from Kenya delayed
- Apologizing to the aborigines not enough -- there must be an effective and meaningful policy to go along with it
- New Bloom: Taiwan missile firing incident political controversy
Job opening. These are big shoes to fill, trust me. Salary is 70K for starting, higher for experienced individuals.
Opening for English Editor
The Executive Yuan is seeking a full-time English editor:
• University graduate or above
• Competent in Chinese-to-English translation with strong writing skills and two years’ formal editing experience
• Able to meet deadlines and work overtime
• Native English speaker with good Chinese reading abilities preferred
• Knowledgeable about Taiwan affairs
Please send a resume, two translation samples and copy of highest degree attained by July 15, 2016 to:
Compilation and Translation Section
Department of Information Services
No. 1, Sec. 1, Zhongxiao E. Rd.
Taipei City 10058
Tel: (02) 3356-8420
[Taiwan] Don't miss the comments below! And check out my blog and its sidebars for events, links to previous posts and picture posts, and scores of links to other Taiwan blogs and forums!