If you can hack some Chinese, enjoy the riches of this April interview with Hung from a HKK media outfit. In it she claims that the M503 air route near the midline of the strait makes Taiwan safer, argues that Malaysia rejected Singapore because the Chinese are too hardworking, and many other wonderful observations. I haven't read it all yet because I'm afraid my IQ might implode.
All of us tracking this election are getting up every morning humming with anticipation at Hung's latest antics. Tonight the Straits Exchange Foundation was giving a banquet for Taiwanese businessmen in China, and Hung decided to go in the morning, then canceled in the afternoon (Storm media). All without informing the SEF.
Her campaign team is coalescing, and there's a good leavening of people from the Sean Lien campaign in Taipei, which was crushed by Ko Wen-je in the Nov mayor's election. Naturally we are all very happy to hear that she has gathered such an experienced team around her.
Meanwhile the controversy over her visit to the US continues, with FocusTaiwan rounding up the latest news. KMT Chairman Eric Chu insists that she is going to visit the US after being confirmed as the candidate at the July 19th party congress, but she is still insisting that there isn't enough time, with only six months before the election.
I can't wait to see the leaked reports on her visit if she goes.
- "Black" households struggle in Taiwan
- Irish Journal of Asian Studies first issue out
- Parkinson's/cancer link in Taiwan
- Taiwan Law blog with excellent thoughts on Law and Taiwan studies
- Taiwan Air Blog: crews were jubilant since Taiwan was Japanese territory and everything could be bombed
- ABC Aus: Taiwanese and other Asian workers continue to be abused in meat packing industry
- Taiwanese fisherman trash Batanes Island in Phils
- Taiwan seeks trade deal with EU
[Taiwan] Don't miss the comments below! And check out my blog and its sidebars for events, links to previous posts and picture posts, and scores of links to other Taiwan blogs and forums!