- Record 2.85 million Chinese visit Taiwan
- The Diplomat: China's Military is Weaker than You Think, and More dangerous
- Ma pledges to boost the economy -- with the Free Economic Zones, a 1960s policy, and joining the TPP, which is collapsing of its own odiousness at the moment.
- China Post calls for history books to do justice to the Taiwan Republic of 1895
- This piece on America turning Japanese also has lessons for Taiwan
- Richard Bush at Brookings on US arms sales to Taiwan
- Sankeng Old Street, Taoyuan. Some bright pics.
- Emei Bridge and lookout, Sanwan
- J Michael on The Status Quo -- which is, let's never forget, a form of independence
- Asahi Shimbun says China is mulling another illegal ADIZ over the South China Sea.
- When the China Blog at Time starts wondering whether China and Japan will go to war....
[Taiwan] Don't miss the comments below! And check out my blog and its sidebars for events, links to previous posts and picture posts, and scores of links to other Taiwan blogs and forums!