Some links for monday.
- Drew with a rare northern adventure.
- Holi Festival in Taipei -- color pictures from Craig.
- Hsinchu Coastline bike trail
- Pretty shots from Josh with a B&W SLR film camera. Almost makes me want to fire up my AE-1 with the Kinon lens....
- The Foreigner rips a China Post commentary. And more.
- More excellent Osprey shots from Fagan
- LOL -- MKL spoofs the silly "Why I am Leaving China" letter genre. The reason there are no such letters here is that no one ever leaves Taiwan, they just exit temporarily until they return.
- The flow of propaganda continues: Power Rationing inevitable if the 4th Nuke is not approved. US-Taiwan relations may be damaged if it is not approved (NSC says same)
- Two Towers bribery case damage spreads.
- Ralph J in Forbes thinks the anti-nuke cause isn't serious because some people swim near the outtake of the third nuke plant in Kenting. It's just the famous human compartmentalization at work. Lots of those people who swim next to nuke plant 3 don't like nuclear power -- but Taiwan is not overly supplied with good beaches.... and anyway, not swimming wouldn't change things...
- Ma meets with anti-nuke activists
- taiwan, germany looking for gas hydrates.
- The much needed EU Pivot to Asia
- Ma invites activists to inspect the Fourth Nuclear Plant
- Taiwan-NZ trade talks going great
- The Matsu casino operation is going to be government-investor cooperation. You know, the kind where the taxpayers put up the cash and the investor pays nothing and rakes in all the profits.
- This was apparently made for some kind of competition though I had a lot of trouble wringing information out of its maker so I really can't tell you. Despite a couple of strongly ideological moments, it's a decent enough introduction to the sights of Kinmen.
_______________________[Taiwan] Don't miss the comments below! And check out my blog and its sidebars for events, links to previous posts and picture posts, and scores of links to other Taiwan blogs and forums!