Pinned to my house with sore throat and headache. Hope you got out today. The island was talking about Brother 300, who had gone to gas station after gas station in Changhua. He'd tell the employee to fill 'er up, then go off to the bathroom, or pretend he was harried and talking on his phone. When the fill up was finished, he'd say he only said $300 and said he wouldn't pay for the rest. 14 stations attested to this. His photo was finally circulated, and he inevitably he drove into a gas station where it was posted. He yelled at the workers there, then threatened to have someone come and "redecorate the place". All on tape too. A welcome comic relief from all the crap that the government isn't doing anything about.....
- Under the Radar News from Project 2049
- Taiwan in atheists' eyes. Yes, one of the many joys about living in Taiwan is realizing that people are completely indifferent to your religion, and Christianity is a minority religion with little political influence, and thankfully, likely to stay that way. So different from the insanity that grips the US where I come from.
- Taipei Treasure Hill Art Village
- The Writing Baron with pic-laden post on the trails of Guandu.
- Store has temerity to sell woman a losing lottery ticket, she responds in the proper manner.
- American Citizens for Taiwan Congressional Scorecard.
- Pat to open restaurant. Whoa.
- Drew on the awesome Double Ten Ride
- Taiwan to create dirty, low-paying jobs in a bid to bring makers back to Taiwan. As I noted the other day....
- Remembering the White Terror.
- Taiwan butterfly researcher laments dearth of butterflies.
- Global grain stocks at extremely low level.
- Taiwan group defaults on payments to Korean shipbuilders, casualties of faltering markets.
- Taiwan investors find golden land in Indonesia.
- Why Taiwan is important to Australia
- Taiwan real estate market falling 26% in Aug
- Japan conducts fleet review amidst Senkakus mess.
[Taiwan] Don't miss the comments below! And check out my blog and its sidebars for events, links to previous posts and picture posts, and scores of links to other Taiwan blogs and forums! Delenda est, baby.