- Malcolm Fraser is really an idiot. I wish I had the time to give this silly piece on the Asia pivot as an election tactic the beating it deserves.
- Taiwan tests its new subhunting weapons. Yet without control of the air, those aircraft will be useless in a war with China.
- Sen Grassley continues to claim that the Ma gov't promised to open up to US ractobeef.
- The implications of US-China co-dependence, with some stern warnings about Chinese militarism.
- Lawrence Chung of SCMP claims the DPP is softening its China stance.
- China's financial system undergoing catastrophic de-leveraging
- Bloggingheads on the South China Sea and Asia (video)
- In Taiwan's urban areas, women outnumber men.
- Is this Taichung's hardest cycling climb?
- One severe problem of having relations with China is the unremitting smuggling. The hoof-n-mouth disease mess of the 1990s that devastated Taiwan's pork industry was attributed to smuggling; now dozens of birds smuggled in from China are found to have H5N1
- Nunns in The Diplomat asks whether isolated Taiwan is propping up dictators.
- Taiwan needs 5,000 Filipino fishing crewmen
320938802622?ssPageName=STRK: MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423. l2649#ht_1437wt_1154
320937454302?ssPageName=STRK: MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423. l2648#ht_1557wt_1154
320941620095?ssPageName=STRK: MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423. l2648#ht_1437wt_1154
320941632764?ssPageName=STRK: MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423. l2648#ht_1557wt_1154
221053886325?ssPageName=STRK: MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423. l2649#ht_1437wt_1154
[Taiwan] Don't miss the comments below! And check out my blog and its sidebars for events, links to previous posts and picture posts, and scores of links to other Taiwan blogs and forums! Delenda est, baby.