Good stuff out there, don't flush it!
- East Coast Review (Chinese), gorgeous pics, musings, political and social commentary. Thanks, Kerim!
- Drew climbs Da Hsueh Shan. Dahsuehshan is one of the few climbs in the area I do not like.
- Haha. please do not climb above the red line.
- Craig on Masses of Photographers at Cosplay and other photo hot spots. That's sick.....
- Olympic website filtered by Beijing?
- Cycling Satin Cesena on how to take a curve on a bike
- Echo Taiwan points out the claim that the US now allows locals to put "Taiwan" on their entry visas is....weird.
- China developing navalised version of DH-10 cruise missile
- "Taiwan outsourcing Pollution to Malaysia" -- seen lots of this on Malaysian blogs and websites
- Supreme Court vacates Chen verdict on Special Funds embezzlement, sends it back down for retrial. This is what, the fourth time?
- East Asia Forum: Law and politics in the South China Sea. A useful review, though its Treaty of Taipei claims are incorrect.
- Wendell Minnick on the Taiwan drive to buy used M-1 tanks.
- After six month delay, Panama finally recognizes the ROC ambassador
- China vs India in the Himal. The Peaceful Rise continues.
- Dennis Hickey argues the US should continue its current arms policies and says lowering arms transfers might spur Beijing into military action.
- NCKU sues Apple over Siri.
- The failure of unification economics
- WantWant says Taiwan products losing their punch in China
- Fallows compares the London and Beijing Olympics. " There is a bigger theme here, which returns to the main question about China I have been trying to figure out over the years. That is when -- or whether -- the people in charge of China's system will show the confidence that allows them to be something other than control freaks whose paranoia is at odds which much of the ingenuity, humor, and creativity that characterizes much of the Chinese population, and whose hyper-earnest "We are strong, look on us and tremble" presentation of national greatness to their own people and the world actually conveys the opposite message. "
[Taiwan] Don't miss the comments below! And check out my blog and its sidebars for events, links to previous posts and picture posts, and scores of links to other Taiwan blogs and forums! Delenda est, baby.