Monitoring, monitoring, monitoring.... blogging later today. Last couple of days of the semester, election, papers to write. Totally overworked.
What? The election located the day after the last day of the semester at many universities in Taiwan so travel will be nasty today and tomorrow, deterring people from returning home to vote? Nah, it can't be deliberate. Probably just a coincidence.....
- Jerome Keating over at American Citizens for Taiwan asking Americans to support Taiwan's democracy.
- Bryce Wakefield at the Wilson Center on the election, all videos.
- The International Committee for Fair Elections in Taiwan report on the elections.
- Fun at Heritage: US academic says China may punish Taiwan if Tsai wins, while Dean Cheng of Heritage points out that the Administration shoot itself in the foot by having an NSC official or errand boy attack Tsai Ing-wen in the Financial Times. Thanks, Dean!
- Linda Jakobson in SCMP on the Ma Administration and China.
- Huawei, the state-connected Chinese tech firm, attempting to enter the US with low-cost cellphones.
- SOUTH CHINA SEA: The Center for New American Security, founded by administration analyst Kurt Campbell and others, on the South China Sea flashpoint with interactive map. WashTimes claims US Navy is readying for China power grab in the South China Sea.
[Taiwan] Don't miss the comments below! And check out my blog and its sidebars for events, links to previous posts and picture posts, and scores of links to other Taiwan blogs and forums! Delenda est, baby.