EVENTS: Dems Abroad hosting Obama 50th B-day party. Carnegie's Thurs, 7-9. Stop by and say hello! Details here.
- Video of late July Bass fishing from Expat Angler. Should be pretty awesome; I've never seen a bass fishing.
- Koxinga takes fort zeelandia.
- Awesome rides + pics: Todd does 136 and Baguashan. Taiwan in Cycles does Sanlinxi and 165 kms with 2000 meters of climbing. Orz Orz Orz.
- Laowiseass on US vs China views of medicating oneself.
- Asia Eye with underreported news from around Asia.
- Lief on trusty blue trucks.
- Sponge Bear addresses the CNN Go food affair with epic rant.
- Want a cheap carbon bike? They are out there.
- Using acupuncture for larger breasts. But can it get rid of man-tits?
- Changing economy may impact cross-strait relations
- The Foreigner on Lo and other sell outs. Good to see you out and blogging, man!
- Alive and kicking with a couple of lovely photos of one of my favorite areas, the Beimen Salt Farms.
- Ma's China policy a crumbling mass of contradictions.
- David on Formosa says good bye.
- Sea Fishing in Taiwan! from Pat Cowsill
- The Dignified Rant rants about selling F-16s.
- A blogpost about me and my blogging. Thanks!
- Great piece on how the government likes aborigines when they dance and sing but not when they want land rights and jobs.
- Yet another fire at the Formosa Plastics Plant in Yunlin. More closures ordered.
- Asia Sentinel with a piece which says -- in case you had any doubts -- that the recent South China Sea agreement will do little to calm territorial disputes. Like China's annual fishing ban, there.
- How renaming Taipei's office in Hong Kong matters, politically.
- Taiwan seeks bigger role for its banks in China.
- Ma has calmed tensions, right? So why is the PRC military build up continuing? A review of the disparity and the recent MoD White Paper. Meanwhile Ma's commitment to the F-16s questioned.
- Pro-Beijing WantChinaTimes asks how, if you snuff out the news of a train crash, you can win Taiwanese hearts and minds.
- Taiwan most vulnerable to a downturn but there may be a silver lining in the labor market adjustment.
- Overall tourism growth has been just 5% in 2011
- ChinaRealtime at WSJ on the F-16s and Ma.
- One solution to Taiwan's vast regional disparities: move the capital.
[Taiwan] Don't miss the comments below! And check out my blog and its sidebars for events, links to previous posts and picture posts, and scores of links to other Taiwan blogs and forums! Delenda est, baby.