- Ben Goren contacts the WTO and finds that Taiwan has still not submitted an English version of ECFA.
- Koxinga's wife Lady Tung, pt 2.
- YFFM on Princess Syndrome among the femmes in Taiwan. I think it is meant satirically. Also Floyf looks at Taiwanese men vs Western men.
- Drew on our ride on Sunday in Miaoli. The weather was amazing.
- LiefinTaiwan with another collection of excellent photos, this time from Wutai.
- "The most beautiful waterfall I've ever seen"
- Steven Crook on Sandimen
- The Writing Baron goes to a soil and water conservation park
- A Hungry Girl's restaurant roundup
- Chinese media aren't going to educate their people about Taiwan
- June Teufel Dreyer's testimony at the recent hearing on Why Taiwan Matters
- Dutch firm to redevelop derelict port district in K-town.
- A nimble Taiwan can counter the assassin's mace of Chinese missiles.
- Academic with some good observations on the independent travelers from China, including the comment that Chinese tour firms owe Taiwanese $173 million. If Taiwan makes a billion gross from China annually in tourism, at a 5% return that's basically the industry profit since Ma boosted the tourism numbers.
- AmCham also reviews travel guides for Taiwan
- China offers a few scraps on South China Sea, so long as you do what it wants. Sound familiar?
- Deception by the boatload: As Brahma Chellaney reminds, the Chinese promised that carrier wouldn't become a warship when they bought it. Stop believing China.
- Taiwan tries to slow the disgusting practice of shark finning
- Is ECFA working? from The Economist
- WantChinaTimes on the freeing of an alleged rapist on bail -- who promptly fled. Who could have predicted that?
- Taiwan wins world under-12 baseball championship
- Inflated abortion figures used to argue that women's bodies should be more strictly policed, lest they make their own decisions. As the better China Post coverage notes, the issue is the economy and costs of child-rearing, not that the laws permit women take charge of their own bodies.
- DPPers accuse each other of consensual sex. If only people were concerned about public policy, and not desperately worrying about what other people are doing in private with their bodies, what a different and better world we'd live in.
- CIER predicts Taiwan's annual growth at 5.02%. That's .02, not .01 or .021. CEPD also expects 5% growth this year.
- US heat wave shows no signs of abating. If only there were some theory with 150 years of scientific research behind it, supported by virtually all climate scientists, and all the world's major scientific organizations, that could help us explain the unusual weather.....
[Taiwan] Don't miss the comments below! And check out my blog and its sidebars for events, links to previous posts and picture posts, and scores of links to other Taiwan blogs and forums! Delenda est, baby.