SPECIAL: Don't miss David on Formosa's excellent write up of the 2-26 Incident, in which peaceful student protesters seeking to protest Chen Yunlin were surrounded and intimidated and prevented from carrying out their protest by individuals who acted like cops. It's so great to see this -- now I don't have to spend the money to fly to the PRC to experience police state behavior!
- maddog with reflections on 2-28.
- Laorencha with thoughts on 2-28, and watching Ma speak in Taiwanese on it.
- Drew and I and Phillip hit Mingde Reservoir again, from Drew. Unfortunately, I lost my camera in Taichung, so I have no pics. Very frustrated.
- Taiwan Cycling travel association wants to conquer the world.
- Steven Crook on Historic Tainan
- Echo runs down the news on the DPP side: Tsai is both supported and defamed.
- Frozen Garlic with recent election news.
- J Michael on the inevitable disappointment of cross-strait involvement.
- Lief with his usual awesome pics, these of faith in Tainan.
- The Expat Angler reports on fishing in local reservoirs.
- Maoman: spring has sprung
- Jerome on Jason Hu.
- Nascent in Jhukeng. With pics.
- Ben that racing bike is too sexy for my audience so I am not linking to it.
- Laowiseass in Taipei with pic of why he doesn't cycle to work.
- That's Impossible! on the DPP's new think tanks.
- Taiwan remembers 2-28
- Updated link for the story of the Canadian woman who spent seven hellish months teaching english in Taiwan. It was brave of this woman to write and publish this information.
- A Japanese scholar looks at the effects of economic trends in China on the region.
- China to buy billions in flat panels from Taiwan. But where will they be made?
- President says no military confidence building measures in the works.
- AFP on Taiwan easing controls on investments from China
- Taiwan factory growth eases sharply in Feb. China's does too.
- Heritage's Walter Lohman with a great run-down on the Taiwan-US relationship -- in stasis. Some of the non-progress is on things that just make you go "o fer gawd's sake'
- Taiwanese man run baby-for-sale surrogate mother program in Vietnam.
- US originated the fire ant infestation currently underway in Taiwan and globally.
- National 2-28 memorial museum opens
- Economist Intelligencer forecasts 3.9% growth for Taiwan in 2011.
- Taiwan threatens Filipino workers in Taiwan over stupid spat over the 14 Taiwanese shipped to China for trial.
- Taiwanese businessmen in China often face severe problems:
*GROAN*: Kaminoge has been sharing gems like this all week:
A vulture boards an airplane, carrying two dead raccoons. The flight attendant looks at him and says, 'I'm sorry, sir, only one carrion allowed per passenger.'_______________________
[Taiwan] Don't miss the comments below! And check out my blog and its sidebars for events, links to previous posts and picture posts, and scores of links to other Taiwan blogs and forums! Delenda est, baby.