Taiwan News #7: Taiwan has a banner year in Tourism, with many to come
The wonderful thing about this steady growth, in addition to making a mockery of Beijing's churlish tourism policies, is that Taiwan still possesses tremendous untapped potential for various forms of adventure tourism: paragliding, diving, surfing, cycling, climbing and hiking. At present all of these sports are still in their infancy. In many cases there are informal networks or small firms that bring people over. While many local communities are attempting to tap into local tourist demand for weekend experiences in aboriginal villages like Chimei or Smangus, the government does not seem to realize how marketable such places are to the westerners who have money and crave experience travel.Sure wish the government would grasp the potential for Taiwan tourism...
- Ma Ying-jeou to face prosecution?
- Singapore vidlogger on Ten Tourist Traps in Taiwan
- Latest EATS newsletter up
- Taiwan Sentinel: Could Closer Relations with Trump's America undermine civil rights in Taiwan?
- The One China Policy: What would Nixon Do? J Bosco in The Diplomat
- Woohoo!!! Taiwan to get workers from India, meaning CHEAP INDIAN FOOD.
- Listening to George Michael in Taiwan
- My Life with Formosan Dogs
- Taiwan's military and pension crisis
- Johnny Chiang possible KMT Chair candidate
- Taiwan scientists to lose access to Elsevier Journals
- My friend Donovan analyzes Trump's tactics
- Zuma to Challenge Msimanga over Taiwan trip? South Africa and Taiwan relations. News Lens on same
- Taipei's Little Burma and KMT in Burma. History walk...
- Christian missionary school drives teacher to quit over authoritarian religious stance.
- China blacklists 55 entertainers over independence views
[Taiwan] Don't miss the comments below! And check out my blog and its sidebars for events, links to previous posts and picture posts, and scores of links to other Taiwan blogs and forums!