A few links...
- Overseas KMTers petition to expel Wang Jin-pyng from the KMT. This is very very good for Taiwan's democratization... episodes like this illuminate the Leninist, quasi-religious nature of KMT ideology, with its powerful urge to purify instead of modernize. The radicals who think they are "Chinese" are making Vatican II impossible for the KMT... this urge to get rid of the Taiwanese because they are "impure" is the kind of ideological radicalness that produced the more-KMT-than-the-KMT New Party, which has been an electoral catastrophe. Now if only the DPP has the good sense to support and expand the NPP... because in winner-take-all election system, there usually isn't room for 3 parties.
- Taiwan-Hong Kong: Former KMT spokesman denied visa to Hong Kong apparently because he is on the assets committee. Discussed by EJI Insight: Hong Kong getting dragged into China-Taiwan struggle. VOA here.
- Migrant worker reforms needed: did you know 1 in 10 kids is the child of a migrant worker?
- Josh Ellis: doing the city god inspection
- Tourism claims now helping KMT in Hualien by-election. Of course a whole infrastructure arises to service political flows of tourists -- a subsidy, in effect -- and then this parasitical infrastructure demands action when the flow of subsidies is cut off.
- Post Office Bank hit by Mega bank stock tumble
- Synapticism: another trip to Dadu Shan's military installations
- The Diplomat: Lovable Taiwan's soft power
- Amitai Etzioni wants to sell out Taiwan in the name of peace
[Taiwan] Don't miss the comments below! And check out my blog and its sidebars for events, links to previous posts and picture posts, and scores of links to other Taiwan blogs and forums!