Totally quotable: from presentation today on IP tweeted by Peter Dernbach: Total page views to top 5 pirate sites in Taiwan are 5 times more than total page views to top 5 legitimate sites.
- DON'T MISS: The End of China-Taiwan Rapprochement Tourism. Solid and informed analysis, as always, from the awesome Dr. Ian Rowen.
- KMT ASSETS LAW: Party Asset Law Approved. I will comment on this later this week. J Michael Cole argues it can be a catalyst for KMT reform. LOLz. Hung wails and gnashes her KMT teeth. Could be difficult to get assets (who could have predicted that?) says one lawyer. KMT wants constitutional interpretation on party assets law. KMT news organ also reports on Hung's overwrought response. New Bloom comments on it: Time to settle the KMT assets issue
- Taiwan fishing boats reach Itu Aba to protest the recent SCS ruling, but they were not permitted to land, but simply to set foot on the pier to get supplies (the pier is on the reef off the island, not on the island itself. Because of this, supplies have to be schlepped by small boats from the pier to the island).
- DON'T MISS: Solidarity with TISR poll on the South China Sea. Tsai's policy might not be good from foreign policy standpoint, but it is aligned with public view
- Why is the economy stalling? Because the Ma Administration slashed public investment
- Beijing's new strategies towards Taiwan
- Vietnamese in Kinmen stranded, fear gangsters
- How bad is Taiwan's economy. Not that bad.
[Taiwan] Don't miss the comments below! And check out my blog and its sidebars for events, links to previous posts and picture posts, and scores of links to other Taiwan blogs and forums!