From Forward Taiwan
蕭美琴: 我們要做一個積極規劃移民的國家, 還是要做一個封閉型的國家?Thanks, Bi-khim.
Hsiao Bi-khim DPP, Hualien: Do we want to be a country that proactively plans immigration or a closed country? 4:00
This video is from April 18th. She is questioning the Ma administration's Minister of the Interior about Taiwan's refusal to permit naturalized citizens to be dual nationals.
Her bill to amend the Nationality Act would remove the requirement to renounce original nationality and permit dual citizenship for both naturalized and native Taiwanese citizens. It is still in committee under review.
拜託有台灣國籍的朋友, 特別是花蓮人, 支持蕭美琴的勇氣!!立委諸公需要聽到您的寶貴的聲音!!!
- Good piece on Youth and Politics in East Asia from Brookings.
- The latest Taiwan Braintrust newsletter is out.
- The Diplomat: Why Brexit is bad for Taiwan
- Taiwan wants five more from Kenya instead of sending them to China
- Formosa Plastics steel plant in Vietnam gives $500 million payout over environmental case
- Number of students from China decreases by about 20%
- Brian H at New Bloom speculates on possible future actions by labor groups
- Brian H at New Bloom on KMT's continued reform failures
[Taiwan] Don't miss the comments below! And check out my blog and its sidebars for events, links to previous posts and picture posts, and scores of links to other Taiwan blogs and forums!